Rutland and Melton have active and dynamic private sectors. Growth of small businesses is vital even when economic times are good. When the public sector is being cut back, it is even more important to nurture the private sector.
Schemes like the Digital Rutland project to bring fast broadband to the most isolated parts of the county are strongly supported by Alan. Similarly, the announcement that the former Ashwell Prison site is to become a business park was widely welcomed.
Alan's experience in business means he is ideally placed to fight for small businesses.
- March 23, 2015 Alan welcome Cold Overton broadband news
- March 9, 2015 Alan calls for new Melton Post Office provider
- March 2, 2015 Alan visits Wheels2Work scheme
- September 22, 2014 Alan meets 'Hard Pressed' volunteers
- May 12, 2014 Alan visits Hallmark Consumer Services